To file a complaint about your utility company or its services, please visit our File a Complaint page.
DPS Contact Information
- You can call our toll-free Helpline at 1-800-342-3377 between 8:30 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. on business days for gas, electric, water, phone and cable TV service/billing complaints.
- If your service has been, or is about to be, terminated for non-payment, or if a utility has refused to provide residential electric, natural gas or steam service, you can call our special toll-free Emergency Hotline at 1-800-342-3355 between 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. on business days.
- Opinion Line: 1-800-335-2120 - Comments on Commission Cases/Initiatives/Proceedings
- ESCO Complaints: 1-888-697-7728 - Complaints about Energy Service Company (ESCO) and competition in the energy industry
- HEAP grants for people aged 60+ years: 1-800-342-9871
- HEAP grants for NYC: 1-800-692-0557
TTY or TDD Service
If you are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech disability and have access to a text telephone/teletypewriter (TTY) or telecommunications device for the Deaf (TDD), you may contact the New York Relay Service at 711 or 1-800-662-1220 (English), or 877-662-4886 (Spanish) to contact any of the DPS phone numbers.
Many utilities have customer representatives who speak Spanish. If you wish, call your utility's local customer relations office and ask if a Spanish-speaking representative is available. The PSC also has Spanish-Speaking Consumer Services Representatives to help you.
Muchas compañías tienen representantes que hablan español. Si usted necesita este servicio, llame a la oficina local de ayuda para los clientes y pregunte por un representante que hable español. La Comisión de Servicios Públicos también tiene representantes en la oficina de servicios al consumidor que hablan español y lo pueden ayudar.
For issues unrelated to utility service complaints, you can email questions to [email protected].
If you are not registered to vote at your current address, you may receive a registration form by visiting the New York State Board of Elections webpage. Please note, you may receive government services without being registered to vote.
Office of Consumer Services
New York State Public Service Commission
Empire State Plaza
Agency Building 3
Albany, NY 12223-1350