What is it?
The Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP) is a Federal Communication Commission program that helps families and households struggling to afford internet service needed for work, school, healthcare and more.
The benefit provides:
- A discount of up to $30/month for internet service (or a discount up to $75/month for households on qualifying Tribal lands); and
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet purchased through a participating provider.
The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
Who is Eligible
A household, which is a group of people who live together and share money even if they are not related to each other, is eligible if one member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating broadband provider’s existing low-income program
- Participates in one of several Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations
- Is approved to receive benefits under the free and reduced-price school lunch program or the school breakfast program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision in the 2019-20, 2020-21, or 2021-22 school year
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year
- Has an income that is at or below 200% of the federal poverty guidelines
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline
How to Enroll
Two Steps to Enroll
- Go to https://www.affordableconnectivity.gov to submit an application or print out a mail-in application.
- Contact your preferred participating provider to select an eligible plan and have the discount applied to your bill.
Some providers may have an alternative application that they will ask you to complete.
Eligible households must both apply for the program and contact a participating provider to select a service plan.